Part of our vision is to provide INTERNSHIPS for students who would like to sharpen their ministry skills and build their resume. Our goal and passion is to provide emerging leaders with a safe place to be coached, challenged, and experientially encouraged in their call to ministry and their growth as disciples who multiply disciples.
COACHING will be a key ingredient. Identified staff will invest time and resources on a weekly basis into the life of the intern. The coach’s responsibility is to guide the student in fulfilling their stated goals in conjunction with the goals of the mentor’s ministry. This will involve evaluating, challenging, instructing, and training the intern in all aspects of their ministry.
MINISTRY initiative will be the other main ingredient. Interns will be challenged to move out of their comfort zone, testing their weaknesses and building their strengths. The intern will be given opportunities to experiment with new ideas, programs, and relationships within the vision and mission of the church. The intern will also be given appropriate responsibility with properly delegated ministries, including authority to carry out tasks with accountability for what is done.
What we can offer:
· Small group leadership
· Preaching opportunities (we have two campuses)
· Worship leadership and worship ministries
· Engagement opportunities with kids and/or youth
· Administrative opportunities
· Shepherding opportunities
· Opportunity to help us clarify our disciple-making strategies
· Other opportunities tailored to the gifts and passions of the intern
· 3 to 6 months preferred
· We provide housing and a stipend based on level of internship
1. Committed to following Jesus
2. Humble / Teachable
3. Leadership/administrative gifting
4. Committed to the vision of East Hills & The Grove
Interested students should contact Steve Diehl, firstname.lastname@example.org